Sprouting Nuts and Seeds Better For Gut Health
In nature, it takes proper soil conditions, water, temperature, light, and oxygen to trigger nuts and seeds to begin to germinate. As a nut or a seed germinates, the beneficial catalyst enzymes present are allowed to become activated, because the Enzyme-inhibitors start to loosen their tight grip on these catalyst enzymes.
Let’s say for example, the lipase enzyme that acts on fats becomes active only after the nut germinates. Likewise, other enzymes that have been activated, begin to break down the various complex nutrients like starches and proteins to simpler forms, thereby making them bio-available to provide complete nourishment to the growing embryo of the plant, or the human being that is eating the nuts.
Soaking and Sprouting effectively neutralizes anti-nutrients - like Phytic acid, Oxalates and Enzyme inhibitors - naturally present in all nuts and seeds. This makes the nuts and seeds more digestible by the gut.
We at Yogi Granola allow the nuts to almost get to the point of germination, by using techniques that naturally encourage the Sprouting of our nuts and seeds in a clean environment. The Sprouting process involves soaking the nuts & seeds in clean water for long hours, followed by multiple careful rinses, before laying them out to begin the initial phase of sprouting.
Ayurveda medicine recommends soaking nuts & seeds as a way to free up the vitamins, omega fatty acids, minerals and the enzymes that will greatly benefit our nourishment and digestion. In addition to having the same benefits as soil-based germination, the soaking to sprout method we use also cleanses the nuts & seeds, makes them more alkaline by raising PH levels and dramatically improves their taste.
Nuts and seeds should always be soaked prior to consumption, so that the body may be able to effortlessly extract, absorb and assimilate the vast amounts of vitamins, minerals, phyto-nutrients and essential fatty acids that they contain.
What gives Yogi Granola such Amazing Nutritional Benefits?
Ancient Ayurvedic Wisdom Meets Modern Evidence Based ResearchWhat Tangible Effects Can You Expect From The Adaptogens In Yogi Granola?
Digestion Supporting Adaptogens
Amla, Dandelion, Artichoke, Galangal Ginger, Cardamom, Coriander, Chaga
- Helps support cellular processes that lower oxidative DNA damage
- Helps protect gut lining to reduce leaky gut
- Enhances absorption and assimilation of nutrients in the gut
- Provides prebiotic food which only feed beneficial gut bacteria
Immune Boosting Adaptogens
Acerola, Amla, Turmeric, Chaga, Reishi, Rhodiola, Cloves
- Inhibits the growth of mold, fungus, candida & pathogens
- High quantity of natural Vitamin C to power the immune cells
- Contains Beta-glucans which enhance immune cell intelligence
- Upregulates area of immune system that lowers inflammation
Strenghthing, Engergizing & Anti-Inflammation Adaptogens
Ashwagandha, Eucommia, Rhodiola, Turmeric, Cinnamon, Ginger, Amla
- Regulate Blood sugar and reduce insulin resistance
- Build and nourish bones, muscles, joints, tendons and ligaments
- Suppress inflammation, increase energy, vitality and Prana
- Pain management, Protects cartilage from degradation
Neuroprotective, Cognition Adaptogens
Tulsi, Lions Mane, Reishi, Mucuna, Passion Flower, Griffonia, Polygala, Ashwagandha, Rhodiola, Turmeric, Chaga, Nutmeg
- Improve Stress-response, sleep & optimize Pineal gland function
- Stimulate nerve regeneration. Increase Nerve Growth Factor
- Better Brain Oxygen utilization, natural Antidepressant, Anti-anxiety
- increase confidence, bravery, curiosity & problem solving ability
- Improves cognition, concentration, focus, intuition and meditation
- Medicinal Mushroom Triterpenes Calm the Nervous system
- Medicinal Mushroom Triterpenoids cultivate grounding effect